Here’s an easy and delicious recipe for a green smoothie to help you lose weight in a healthy way. It is loaded with nutrition as well as fiber that fills you up, leaving no room for mindlessly munching on junk food.
The spinach in this smoothie is a great source of antioxidants that aid detoxification. It is also rich in iron, protein and fiber.
Swedish researchers found that it also helps curb cravings for sweet treats and junk food. The recipe also includes pineapple that helps improve metabolism and boost fat loss.
Green apple is another excellent fruit for weight loss due to its high fiber and poly phenol content. Cucumbers, too, are effective for losing weight because they help add extra bulk without adding to the fat and calorie content.
Plus, adding ground flax-seed to the smoothie increases its fiber content that promotes feelings of fullness. Flax-seed also contains omega-3 fatty acids that help increase feelings of satiety. Studies have found flax-seed to be effective in promoting weight loss. It also improves digestive health.
A little parsley in this smoothie adds a nice flavor as well as enhances its effectiveness. It helps your body shed any excess water weight.
In addition, this weight-loss smoothie is made with low-fat yogurt as the base. Yogurt is excellent for digestion and it also helps burn fat.
How to make a DIY weight-loss smoothie
Things you will need:
- Plain low-fat yogurt
- A handful of spinach
- A green apple
- A pineapple
- A cucumber
- Ground flaxseed
- Ice cubes
- A knife
- Measuring cups and spoons
- A blender
1. Put ½ to 1 cup of plain yogurt into a blender.
2. Add a handful of spinach leaves.
3. Add ½ cup of pineapple chunks.
4. Add the chunks of 1 green apple after removing the seeds.
5. Add ½ cucumber chopped into pieces.
6. Add 1 tablespoon of ground flax-seed.
7. Add a few sprigs of parsley.
8. Blend it for about 1 minute.
9. Add some ice cubes.
10. Blend the mixture again.
Slurp down this delicious smoothie to lose weight in a healthy way. You can drink it daily or several times a week.
Note: Spinach may not be suitable for people on a low-oxalate diet.
- You can also add ¼ cup of strawberries in this smoothie.
- If you do not have flaxseeds, use chia seeds soaked in water.
- Make sure to rinse the fruits and vegetables thoroughly before using them.
- You need not peel the green apple and cucumber if you are using organic produce.
- Drink your smoothie right away. You can store any remaining portion in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours, but try to drink it soon as it will lose its nutrients over time